Diabetes Education Program
Synergy Health and Wellness offers group classes accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ADCES) to help adults with Diabetes lower HbA1c, decrease complications, and have a better quality of life. Each class is taught by Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and Certified Diabetes Educators.
Class topics include:
* Education on diabetes, the disease process, factors that
impact blood sugars, medications, and more
* NEW! Free trial of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) device. Over a two-week
period, patients will see how different foods impact their blood sugar in real-time.
* NEW! A full meal will be served during class and integrate carb counting, blood sugar
education, and trending blood glucose levels in real-time
* Examine behavioral strategies that can help people stay on track with their treatment
or get back on track, and even thrive with diabete
* Discuss real life tips and tools for recognizing and moving through the emotional
aspects of diabetes.
Classes are for:
* Adult Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes
* Individual diabetes education is offered for those with Type 1, Type 2, Gestational
diabetes and children - please contact us for details.
Why is it important to be ADCES (Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists) Accredited?
The accreditation means that our team has proven that it meets and upholds the 10 National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management and Support (DSMES). These standards are agreed upon jointly by the ADA, ADCES and CMS. Synergy’s diabetes program has held the ADCES accreditation since 2016 and is excited to have recently announced its team of diabetes educators are now certified and currently administering Medtronic and Omnipod insulin pumps to patients with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Our team are educators, but also more importantly we operate as a support system as we walk alongside clients through their diabetes journey.
Our comprehensive diabetes education program includes individual and group sessions. In order to receive the most individualized education and support possible, we encourage all participants to attend at least 1 individual session before the start of groups. To enroll, ask your physician to fax a referral for comprehensive diabetes education to Synergy at (541) 323-3483 or call us if you have any questions."
Something like that.....
The program is covered by most insurance companies including Medicare and Oregon Health Plans.