Retreat Q & A
Q: How Do I Get There?
A: Suttle Lake Retreat Center is located 13 miles West of Sisters, Oregon. Here are directions:
For those coming from out of area, you can fly into Redmond Municipal Airport (RDM) and rent a car for about 45 minute drive or Portland International Airport (PDX) and rent a car for about 3 hour drive.
Q: Tell me more about sleeping arrangements.
A: The rooms are simple, no muss no fuss. They have beds, a chair, a lamp, and a clothes rack.
All rooms have windows that open and electrical outlets.
The beds are made of solid wood. Beds are twin sized and some rooms have bunk beds.
Campers who are lodging alone will have 2 beds at their disposal so you can double up the mattresses if you want extra height or cushion. Those who are in rooms w/o bunk beds may also push the two twin beds together to make a larger bed. In this case it's suggested that you bring a memory foam topper with you, because there will be a gap between the two mattresses because of the bed frame design. Please let us know if you specifically plan to do this, so we can try to put you in a room w/o bunks.
Q: What will I need to bring?
A: You will receive a detailed informational email before camp. In general:
- bedding--include mattress pad (if desired), sheets and blankets or sleeping bags
- bath towel and toiletries, bathrobe if you have one/want one for walking from shower to your room
- shower shoes/flip flops are always a good idea in a shared shower situation
- clothing for all weather and activities! Central Oregon weather is unpredictable at times. Usually this time of year is crisp and clear during the day and cold at night. It may be windy. Sometimes we'll be lounging, sometimes we'll be outside moving around. Think comfort and warmth. Bring warm clothing, layers can be nice for adjusting in the moment. Bring a coat. If you plan to paddle the lake, bring water friendly clothes.
- Sturdy walking shoes will be beneficial for the variable terrain and paths (gravel, dirt, some pavers)
- your curiosity and a heart that wants to open and connect
Q: What’s your cancellation policy?
A: We have minimum occupancy in order to be able to hold the retreat at the center. Our cancellation and refund policy may flex depending on whether these minimums have been met, and the proximity of your cancellation to the retreat date. We are committed to working with you as much as possible, while also honoring the needs of the retreat center and our staff. If you are ill, please do NOT come to camp (see above notes about being extra cautious leading up to camp so that NOTHING stands in your way of experiencing the awesome!) In the event of an illness related cancellation we will do everything we can to accommodate your refund.
If we have not met minimum occupancy at the time of your cancellation, the $170 deposit may not be refundable.
Assuming minimums have been met, cancellation refunds are as follows:
Greater than 90 days prior to retreat, full refund minus a $50 admin and supply fee
Between 30 and 90 days prior to retreat, full refund minus a $100 admin and supply fee
Less than 30 days prior to retreat, sorry no refunds.
We'll have the entire Wesley Meadow Lodge to ourselves; no other campers will be in this space, and the staff presence will be minimal-just for cleaning or maintenance needs.
Weather permitting, as many of our gatherings and activities as possible will be conducted outside. The lodge has a beautiful porch and our end of the grounds has a large outdoor covered pavilion.
The indoor meeting space in Wesley Meadow Lodge is HUGE. There is plenty of ventilation with windows that open. We will have HEPA filters running in that space during and between use.
There are 4 restrooms and showers in the lodge building. If our group size exceeds 20, we will have an additional bathroom and shower house available to us.
Don't find the answers you're looking for here? Email us to discuss.